Karl Kruger - Endurance Training for Long Paddles
Learn how to train for long distance paddle racing and touring both on and off water!
Karl Kruger - Endurance training for long paddles..
In this pre-recorded webinar, Karl Kruger will talk about fitness and endurance training on land and water for long distance racing and touring or expeditions.
This webinar is not just for SUPs, but any water craft whether kayak, prone, outrigger and rowers!
Also find out how to train for long races and journeys while staying injury free.
Core Skills You’ll Learn:
- Setting up a fitness and endurance training schedule on land and water for distance racing and touring or expeditions.
- Karl's land and on-water training regiment for distance paddling
- Injury prevention training tips for distance paddling so you can continue have fun
- Fueling tips for training on land and water so you stay healthy
- Training tips for specific distance races such as the Seventy48, WA360 and R2AK
- Training for expeditions and adventure races in remote areas
- Q & A with students digging deeper into training
Karl paddled the Race to Alaska in 14 days on a paddle board and has completed 3 Seventy48 races under 15 hours.
In August 2022 he will paddle the 1,800 mile NW Passage unassisted.
He lives on Orcas Island, WA.