SUP Rescues & Water Safety
Learn SUP rescues, water safety and making smart decisions on the water.
Stand Up Paddling is an exciting and rapidly expanding sport and past-time.
Making smart decisions on when and where to launch, knowing how to get back on your board, dressing for the conditions and water temperature and knowing how to rescue another paddler or swimmer are essential skills covered in this course.
What you’ll Learn in this comprehensive SUP Rescues & Water Safety Course:
- Rescue techniques such as the flip rescue and towing
- How to choose where to launch (or land) and when to go (or not go).
- Which life jackets to choose and how to wear them. Covers C02 PFDs.
- Which clothing to wear for various conditions and temperatures or level of activity
- How to safely fall in (We all fall!) and tips for getting back on the board. Plus alternative options if you struggle with getting back on.
- Alternative options for not standing. How to paddle sitting, kneeling or prone (on belly).
Plus 6 Essential Downloads:
- Check list for a 1 hr paddle or day trip
- How to prep your car for paddling
- Clothing list for all seasons
- Contents for First Aid and Repair Kits
- How to repair hard and inflatable boards
And My Essential Paddler’s Resources, Updated Regularly for the Most Up-to-Date Resources, Including:
- US and Canadian marine weather forecast links
- Surf and coastal forecast tools
- Marine navigation resources
- Additional training resources
- Where to launch
- Float Plan apps
- Marine Traffic apps
Make your first Stand Up Paddle experience a good one! And get the foundational skills to then take your Stand Up Paddling to new exciting levels.
Rob Casey is the founder/owner of Salmon Bay Paddle in Seattle. He is the author of Kayaking Puget Sound and Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers.
He began surfing freighter and tug waves on Puget Sound in 2002 first on a sea kayak and surf kayak, now on a SUP and surf ski.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank-you for choosing this course!