Core Skills You’re Learn:
- Alternatives to standing up
- Step by step video and instructions for standing up plus tips if you’re having difficulty
- Falling is normal! Learn to fall safely
- How to climb back on your board no matter your body or board type.
- How to install a fin and leash
- Inflatable SUP tips
- Tips for purchasing the right board
- Paddling clothing
- How to paddle straight
- Balance tips for flat and rough water
- How to launch from a dock
- How to turn easily
- Safety and the flip rescue
- How to carry your board and car-top it
- Pre-Trip Checklist so you will be prepared and never forget anything
- Prepare your car for paddling with an easy car-top system
- Paddling Clothing – What to wear and when
- What to pack for day trips
Plus - Get the Best Apps for:
- Marine forecasts
- Tracking ships
- Determining tides and currents.
- Wind forecast apps
Learn How to Climb on your Board
Learn different ways for climbing on your board. Not everyone can climb on easily. Get tips on remounting for larger folks and those with less upper body strength.
Find out how to stay stable and drier on flat, rough water and boat wakes.
Learn how to walk your board and spin 360's with the pivot / buoy turn.
Learn How to Paddle
on your Own
Gain skills for paddling on your own safely and with confidence.
Find out how to plan trips, determine forecast, tides and currents and wind.
- Board Types - Learn about parts of board and different designs. (11:08)
- Inflatable Board Types & Board Anatomy (6:14)
- Inflatable SUP Inflation & Delation Basics (3:02)
- Carrying Boards - Learn the suitcase, shoulder and other methods. (4:50)
- Leashes - Types, how to install on board and attach to you. (7:54)
- Installing Fins - How to install different types, cleaning and repair. (7:16)
Your Coach - Rob Casey
Originally a surf, sea and whitewater kayaker, Rob has been paddle boarding since 2006.
He is the author of "Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers" and "Kayaking Puget Sound and the San Juans."
Founder of the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association, Rob teaches sup, kayak and surf ski for his business, Salmon Bay Paddle in Seattle, WA.
Being dyslexic, Rob struggled to learn paddling and has found innovative step by step methods for helping his students learn.
Rob is known for his patience and sharing his passion for SUP with his students.